If you guys are facing any issues along with your USB Composite device like they can’t work properly along with USB 3.0. Then just don’t worry as this guide will also help you resolve this problem. It is really a happy moment that you guys bought a new laptop along with the latest configuration. You guys might have heard that for faster file transfer via USB ports, well, USB 3.0 is the most sought-after port. Thus, most of the devices are coming along with this configuration only. But, you guys may forget that what if you have an old printer that cannot work on the latest USB 3.0 ports as well. In this article, we are going to talk about USB Composite Device Can’t Work Properly With USB 3.0. let’s begin!
Most of the old devices actually work on USB 2.0 ports. It means that you are going to experience some problems whenever connecting older devices along with the latest USB 3.0 port. One of the most common errors that you guys experience is “USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0”. But, in many cases, users experience no problem whenever connecting the old printer to the USB 3.0 port. No worries, you guys do not need to panic or throw out your old printer. As we are going to explain some methods in order to fix USB Composite Device that can’t work properly with the USB 3.0 issue.
USB Composite Device Can’t Work Properly With USB 3.0
Update USB Driver
Many times it is all about the driver. If it is corrupted, updated, or missing, then you guys may face the above issue.
- Tap on Windows key + R then type devmgmt.msc and Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Just right-click on Generic USB Hub and choose “Update Driver.”
- Now just choose to Browse my computer for driver software.
- Tap on Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer.
- Choose Generic USB Hub from the list of drivers and then tap on Next.
- Now, wait for Windows to finish the installation then tap on Close.
- You have to make sure to follow the steps 4 to 8 for all the “Generis USB Hub” present under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- If the problem is still not resolved then you need to follow the above steps for all the devices listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers actually.
This method may actually be able to Fix USB Composite Device that can’t work properly along with USB 3.0, if not then continue.
Turn on USB legacy support in BIOS
If you guys are still struggling with this problem you guys can opt for this method. You guys just have to access your BIOS settings in order to check if the USB legacy support is enabled or not. If it is not enabled you guys need to enable it. Hopefully, you will get our problem solved as well.
- You have to turn off your laptop, then turn it on and simultaneously click on F2, DEL, or F12 (relying on your manufacturer) in order to enter into BIOS setup.
- Now navigate to Advanced via the arrow keys as well.
- Head to USB Configuration and then turn on USB legacy support.
- Just exit saving changes and check if you guys are able to Fix the USB device is an older USB device and might not work USB 3.0 issue as well.
Re-install USB controllers | Composite Device Can’t Work
Another method is that you guys can depend on is disabling and re-enabling your USB controllers. It could be possible that the problem is along with the USB controller. You do not have to worry whenever following the steps to conduct this process as it is completely harmless for your system as well.
- You have to open Device Manager. Press Windows +R and then type “devmgmt.msc”.
- There you need to tap on Universal Serial Bus controllers and then expand this option.
- There you have to right-click on each USB controller and then choose the Uninstall option.
- You have to repeat the same procedure along with all available USB controllers listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- At last, once you are done with the uninstallation process, you have to restart your system.
- Upon rebooting your system Windows automatically will also scan your system of hardware changes and install all missing drivers as well.
Prevent Windows from turning off the devices
Have you guys ever noticed that for a moment your printer gets connected and then disconnected? Yes, there could be a Windows glitch that automatically turns off the device in order to save power. Mostly, it occurs just to save power in most devices, specifically in laptops.
- Tap on Windows +R and then type “devmgmt.msc” and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- You have to navigate to USB Serial Device Controllers.
- You need to locate USB Root Hub and then right-click on each USB Root Hub and then navigate to Properties and select the Power Management Tab.
- Here you guys need to uncheck the box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“. At last, save your settings.
- Just reboot your system and try connecting your printer back as well.
Windows USB Troubleshooter | Composite Device Can’t Work
Windows now have its own troubleshooting section in order to help all Windows users. You guys can easily take help directly from Microsoft in order to solve your problem. This web-based diagnostic and repair tool of Windows will automatically detect the problem and then repair it as well as give ideas in order to solve this problem.
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then just tap on the Update & Security icon.
- Now from the left-hand menu make sure to select Troubleshoot.
- Then under the “Find and fix other problems” section, now tap on “Hardware and Devices“.
- Next, click on Run the troubleshooter and then follow on-screen instructions to Fix USB Composite Device that can’t work properly with USB 3.0 as well.
USB 2.0 Expansion Card
Now, unfortunately, if none of the above-mentioned methods worked well for you in order to fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly along with USB 3.0. You guys can buy USB 2.0 Expansion card in order to connect your old printer along with your new laptop.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Make Nox Player Run Faster